Bryan, Adrienne, Baby Jay and Belle

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Don't use your Debit Card Online...

Well the reason I have a new blog all results from Sunday finding out that our debit card number was stolen from the internet and used to purchase many rather humorous things. When we received an overdraft for our checking account (we knew that couldn't be right) we tried for about an hour to get a Regions sales associate on the phone ( i was in tears, Bryan was getting aggravated at me). To say the least when we did get in touch with a person (Linda from somewhere) Bryan said "Praise the Lord Linda thank you for picking up!". I had to take off work Monday to be able to go and report everything and fill out a police report. The stupid criminal keeps sending items that he/she purchased to our address so we've had to pay to return all the items. All in all, the thief didn't spend that much money...it is just a hassle and a little scarey!!! Anyway we changed all of our passwords and I also had about 3 email accounts other than my work email so I got rid of those and got a gmail account, which resulted in my blog getting deleted. I didn't know that both Myspace www.myspace.com/adrabadra and Blogger http://adrienne-thecoxfamily.blogspot.com needed to send a confirmation to my old email addresses (which I deleted) so I had to delete that too. Let's just say yesterday was not a GREAT day. Anyway all is well and I will get over it. I just wanted to CAUTION everyone!!! I'll work on getting everything fixed. What an ordeal! Thank you GOD for bringing us through this....it could have been a lot worse!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Adrienne---if you have anything else sent to you from them just put "REFUSED RETURN TO SENDER". You will not have to pay to return it then. I hate that, that happened to you all.

Kristen said...

What a PAIN!!! I'm glad that's all over for y'all!

Adrienne said...

Thanks Heather...that helps...I'm sure we will be getting more stuff in the mail from this loser!

The Clarks said...

Glad y'all caught this. Hopefully your little thief will get caught.

Ashley said...

I'm curious as to what this stinker is getting sent to your house! I hate that for y'all! Does he know what a sweet girl he's messing with??? If he only knew you, there's NO WAY he could have been so mean!!

Adrienne said...

Thanks Ashley and Mendy!!! That is sweet...let's just say the thief is definitley needing diet pills and a product that has a commercial on right now that deals with "Tom" and "Tom" is happy b/c he got these pills! I thought it was hilarious!!!

DeAnne DuBose said...

Thanks God its all over!

Beth said...

That is terrible! How annoying to have to deal with such mess! I have always heard that it could happen so I DO need to be more careful!

That's crazy that he's not even receiving all this stuff. And the stuff he is ordering...that's funny! Maybe he didn't want anyone to know he was taking those pills for "Tom"!!!!